We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
How to Shop Kroger Mega Sales (8 simple tips):
Kroger has several mega sales each year and a new one ! I don’t shop at Kroger as much since they stopped doubling coupons but when they have their mega sales, I can score some great deals! Shopping the mega sale can be overwhelming-especially to those who are new to couponing! Here are 8 simple tips to get you started!
- Kroger Mega Sales run for 2 weeks
- You will have (2) weeks to shop the sale! Kroger ads run Wednesday-Tuesday
- You have to buy “X” amount of Items to get a Certain $ off
- The current sale is buy (5) save $5 instantly. Sometimes it is buy (6) save $6 instantly.
- Look for blue tags for participating items
- Not every mega sale item is listed in the sale ad. Make sure to look for a blue tag (Pictured below) for items that are part of the sale
- You can buy more than “X” amount of participating items
- With the current sale being buy (5) save $5 instantly, you can buy more than 5 items but you will need to buy in increments of 5. If you have 9 mega sale items in your basket for example, only 5 will ring up the mega sale price.
- Make a list if items that you plan to buy for the sale
- It is importation to MAKE A LIST for this sale-especially if you plan to buy a lot of items. I have list of items that are part of the mega sale and which coupons to use
- Include back-up items
- Cheap items for the mega sale tend to sell out fast. You can get a rain check but have some back up items in case some of the items on your list are sold out.
- Double check your receipt!
- If you look at your receipt, you will see plus signs next to items that are part of the mega sale. At the bottom of the receipt, you will see how many items you purchased as part of the mega sale.
- Make sure to use your coupons and apps
- You can use coupons during this sale! Make sure to have the following apps on your phone to earn cash back on your grocery purchases: Ibotta, Checkout51, SavingStar, Mobisave
- This is another reason why I recommend buying more than 1 Sunday paper! Mega sales are a great time to stock up on items and have multiple coupons can help those savings! Be sure to ask friends, family members, and coworkers for extra coupons.
Shopping Kroger mega sales can be rewarding! Earlier this year I built up my stockpile of toothpaste, body wash, shave gel, and snacks and even had a few extra items that I donated! I hope these tips encourage you to shop the mega sale! Please comment below if you have any tips that you would like to share. If you are still confused-please feel free to e-mail me (YoungandFrugalinVA(at)gmail(dot)com).