The uncertainty of the next few months reminds me of 10-12 years ago when we were going through a recession. I started my blog back in November 2009 to help out others who were trying to save money. With millions of jobs at stake and everything shutting down, now is the time to start going through your budgets, figuring out what to cut and how to save on your grocery budget.
I have been sharing with my friends and family several apps to download to help them save on gas and groceries.
Below are some that I use daily and have helped me save hundreds!
Earn cash back on your grocery purchases!
- Earn cash back at select restaurants, grocery stores, movie theaters,travel, convenience stores and more!
- You just have to take a picture of your purchase and receipt, send it to them and get the money deposited into your Ibotta account!
- You can cash out once you reach $20!
- Download the Ibotta App (Sign up with my referral code lzr5w to earn additional cash back!)
I needed to purchase a Groupon deal for Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed. I went through Ibotta and earned 8% cash back which was $4.46! For Groupon purchases, it does take about 30-45 days to have it deposited into your account.
Fetch Rewards app is now my favorite app to use. All you have to do is scan your receipt and you will earn points! You can cash in these points for things such as gift cards to Amazon, Walmart, and Target! Refer your friends and earn even more points when you sign up! Redemption starts out as 3,000 points (equals a $3 gift card)
What I like about this app is that you can scan your receipts for any store including ALDI! Purchase qualifying items and you will earn bonus points! Super easy app to use!
- Earn cash back on your gas purchases
- Download the app and it will show you a map of participating gas stations.
- You will need to take a photo of your receipt and submit through app
- Earn money when your friends sign up for GetUpside through your referral link
- You can cash out and redeem for a gift card or have the money deposited into your Paypal account
- Download GetUPSIDE app
I like Receipt Pal because you can scan ANY receipt and earn points
2200 points gets you a $5 gift card (places like Amazon, Walmart, Target etc)
A question I get asked often about these apps is how do you remember to scan your receipts? Answer- I keep all of my receipts in my wallet and either as soon as I get home or at the end of the day, I scan all of my receipts. If I don’t do it by that day, I know I will forget.
What money saving apps do you have on your phone?
FTC Disclosure of Material Connection: In order for me to maintain this website, some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally.